Friday, July 1, 2016

Freestylin' Shrek - Dreamworks Animation in Concert with the NSO

I've definitely been more on the Pixar side when it came to animated movies but that's not to say that Dreamworks hasn't released some killer films in the past 15 or so years. I think the coolest thing about them is that they have such a varied array of stories that seemed to be pulled from a hat. Since 1998, Dreamworks has been releasing films, both animated and non-animated and have become one of the biggest film producers in the world. From talking zoo animals to a dragon in training, they have created some truly memorable stories! The first Dreamworks I remember watching was the Prince of Egypt but I think everyone was won over when they made Shrek. The first Shrek remains my favorite Dreamworks film and luckily it had a prominent spot in the lineup during the show.

The show itself was put on quite well. The NSO sounded fantastic as always and I was actually quite surprised how good some of the soundtracks to these movies were! Not to bash on Dreamworks but I simply hadn't really heard any of their soundtracks beyond Shrek. I even saw movies that I didn't know about which made it even cooler. It was super fun seeing all the kids come and get super into each of the films. The weather was very nice and the lawn was the place to be last night.

The best part for me was the How to Train Your Dragon part. I honestly have never seen the film but even after watching a few minutes of it, I definitely need to see it! Honestly I should see more Dreamworks films in general since apparently I've missed quite a few. Amazing music!

As always, looking forward to more shows in the future!

DC  

The iconic logo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Shows - 2018

As another season at Wolf Trap comes to a close for me, I always enjoy reflecting back on the great shows I've seen this summer. Each on...